Video from The Aspen Action Forum
ASPEN ACTION FORUM WRAP-UP 2014
TUESDAY, JULY 29
WEDNESDAY, JULY 30
- Walter Isaacson in conversation with Stewart Resnick, Chairman, Roll Global
- Disruptive Leadership in History: Remarks by David Rubenstein, Co-Founder and Co-CEO, The Carlyle Group
- Remarks by Michael Sandel, Author and Professor, Harvard University
6:30 - 8:00 PM MDT
Dinner & The Announcement of The 2014 John P. McNulty Prize Laureates
The John P. McNulty Prize celebrates the boldness and impact Aspen Global Leadership Fellows are bringing to the toughest challenges in their communities and the world-at-large.
Thursday, July 31
12:45 - 2:15 PM MDT
Lunch: Understanding Our Collective Impact
Keynote: Stace Lindsay, Director of Strategic Initiatives for the Aspen Global Leadership Network
2:30 - 3:30 PM MDT
In Conversation with Former U.S. Secretary of State Madeleine Albright
An interview with Fellows from the Aspen Global Leadership Network.
Participants include: Madeleine Albright, Former US Secretary of State; Hildegard Vasquez, Co-Founder and Head Architect, Hache Uve; Ramez Shehadi, Vice-President and Partner, Booz Allen Hamilton; Desmond Shum, President, Aeropolis Group; and Heather Sonn, Co-Founder and Managing Director, Gamiro Investment Group.
4:15 - 5:45 PM MDT
The Leadership in Action Series
- Be Disruptive: The Life & Legacy of Nelson Mandela featuring Action Forum participants who were part of the struggle against apartheid in South Africa. Participants include: Leslie Massdorp, Former President of Bank of America Merrill Lynch, South Africa; Ferial Haffajee, Editor-in-chief, City Press; Thabo Makgoba, Angelican Archbishop South Africa; Suzanne Malveaux, Anchor, CNN.
- Be Disruptive: Business featuring Action Forum participants who are disruptors in their business industries. Participants include: Anousheh Ansari, Co-founder and Chairman, Prodea Systems; Calvin Chin, Co-Founder, Transist Impact Labs; Adam Lowry, Founder, Method Products; Skip Battle, senior moderator, The Aspen Institute.
- Be Disruptive: Politics of Change featuring Action Forum Participants who are disruptors in politics. Participants include: LaToya Cantrell, Councilmember, City of New Orleans; Fernando Espuelas, Radio Host, Univision Radio Network; Anthony Foxx, U.S. Secretary of Transportation; Anand Girdharadas, Columnist, The New York Times.
Friday, August 1
12:45 - 2:00 PM MDT
Disruption: A Look to the Future
Panel moderated by Anand Giridharadas, Columnist, The New York Times
- Joe Chen, Founder & CEO, Renren
- Sheila Marcelo, Founder & CEO, Care.com
- Mark Lundstrom, Founder, BioScale
- Shamina Singh, Executive Director, MasterCard Center for Inclusive Growth
Michael Klein and Joany Fabry
Sabrina and Antonio Gracias
The Ithaka Foundation
The Danny Kaye and Sylvia Fine Kaye Foundation
Gillian and Robert Steel